
Today I have a really heavy heart....a dear friend, an old friend, a very special friend passed away. He wasn't that old, wasn't that healthy, but I would never have thought he'd be gone this soon...he had a massive heart attack while awaiting by-pass surgery. I know he'd been having touble with his heart, I guess no one knew just how much borrowed time he was running on. I met him in 1970, while working with a theatre group in Mt. Clemens. He and Trish, who we lost last year, were kind of the patriarchs of our little odd family. He and I had a lot of fun times together, riding up and down Gratiot ave. scrounging for change to buy McDonalds fish sandwiches, and looking for wild plant life out near the RR tracks north of Mt Clemens. We camped together, we danced, he was such a dancer! He was the best date a girl could have for any affair, especially weddings! We had cocktails, got sick together, had lots of talks about everything. we smoked too much when we played cards. I loved to cook with him, he was a very good cook. We ice skated, him, me Seil and MJ in his back yard one winter...what fun. There were great parties at his house, quiet times, and just some times. I am going to miss him very much, I didn't see him very often, but always knew he was just a click or a call away. I sincerely hope he is in Heaven, or at least on his way....he was a great guy, he cared for those he loved. He will be missed by a lot of people. . I don't have a 2007 photo, we skipped the party that year because Trish was so sick, in the hospital so we waited until this past year, and had such a great time at K&J's. So Rock on Chas....love you very much

1 comment:
I happened upon your blog this morning and wanted to leave a note.
My heart goes out to you over your friend's passing. Life is short, but our friends and family are what make our short lives FULL and COMPLETE.
Chas' human heart was too weak to run his body, but I bet it was a huge heart that loved and cared and is shining on you from heaven.
I lost my dad on Sept. 10 2007 and I haven't seen life the same since. I miss him terribly. In my heart I know he is watching over me and making sure I'm okay. That gives me a little peace about his passing.
Take care and I hope you will always remember the good times with Chas and smile.
Post a Comment