It's about time! I haven't felt much like writing. The last post was about my friend Chas...he's been on my mind a lot lately, so I guess its his way of telling me to get on with it. So I am...Geesh, since January? Winter was way too too long! It seemed like it has taken forever for the warm days to come, finally they have. Its very green and lush right now. Its kinda of a weird Spring, I know this, Summer will slam in and stay for a real long time, then boom Fall/Winter will be back before we know it. So another reason to cherish each lovely day, and enjoy them as if they could be your last.
I finally got my garden in...we have this old POS tiller that we tried to fix so we could save some time and energy - ha. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way, one shovel full at a time. It took me a little longer, but the results were the same. I planted 8 tomato plants, different varieties, peppers, cukes, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini (can't have a garden in Mi without zucchini) melon, watermelon, bush beans, corn (from plants I found) carrots, beets, radishes and onions! I know it will come it later than everybody else's, but who cares? I want to can tomatoes, make pickles, freeze the corn we don't eat, etc....here's a early photo..forget the date stamp, didn't notice the date was wrong on the camera :) A labor of love! We've been working on getting our marriage in the church taken care of. Should be a great day. We are not sure if Fr. Anthony will be available since they are moving all the priests in our diocese in July!
I finally got my garden in...we have this old POS tiller that we tried to fix so we could save some time and energy - ha. I ended up doing it the old fashioned way, one shovel full at a time. It took me a little longer, but the results were the same. I planted 8 tomato plants, different varieties, peppers, cukes, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini (can't have a garden in Mi without zucchini) melon, watermelon, bush beans, corn (from plants I found) carrots, beets, radishes and onions! I know it will come it later than everybody else's, but who cares? I want to can tomatoes, make pickles, freeze the corn we don't eat, etc....here's a early photo..forget the date stamp, didn't notice the date was wrong on the camera :) A labor of love! We've been working on getting our marriage in the church taken care of. Should be a great day. We are not sure if Fr. Anthony will be available since they are moving all the priests in our diocese in July!
That's it for this one, I have another post started I have to finish...hugz.

No comments:
Post a Comment