Thursday, October 30, 2008

Feels more like...

Enough of my ranting for a while. I'll be glad when the election is over, and all the signs that are littering the hwys will be removed. I don't know who any of these people are and its not making me vote for them just because I see a sign.


We had a little taste of what's to come the other day. Actually, we've had a few days where this mysterious white stuff is falling from the sky! It can't be already? I had to take a photo just so I'd have it on record, the first mysterious white stuff falling in mid-October! Then, as Fall would have it, it has been sunny and well, kinda warm....in the 50's! Gotta love Michigan! We plan on riding the bikes up for a fill up and ready them for their Winter's rest.


We also had an ineresting Sunday-last weekend. Mike's parents and his sister and brother in law came for dinner...they haven't been over in a really really long time...so it was fun seeing them, hanging out, laughing...Mike told his story about lighting a campfire one night when we had a house full of people...with gasoline. He kinda thought more was better, and a huge WHOOSH ignited when he lit it. its a good thing the oak trees out front are so tall. I thought Dad was going to choke he was laughing so hard. Its been a long time since we've all laughed that much. so here's a photo of the "Jacobus" clan. the one I took of all of us came out blurry....damn self-timer! But you get the idea..
We've also been busy around here cleaning up the yard of leaves...man we get a lot of leaves..I think Mike loves blowing them - cause he spends a lot of time out there!
I hope everyone has a great Halloween! I miss our parties, and hauntings, and cool costumes. I am going to have a "ghost feast" tomorow night for all who have left us this year. What's that? It's an Indian tradition I learned from a very good friend who is a Chippewa Indian from St. Ignace. Its a tradition to honor those who have passed on. You have a fire, you burn a plate of food so they will be nurished, you also add some sweet-grass, cedar, tobacco, sage to the fire for the four corners...and say a prayer they have a peaceful journey...its a very nice way to honor friends and family. it won't be anything like Russ's family hosts every year, but we couldn't go to theirs, so we're doing a small one here. Then we're heading to friends to pass out candy, and have a party of sorts in their neighborhood. It should be a fun night.
Till next time....

No comments: